Since conferences are today and tomorrow, there are NO after school clubs meeting today and tomorrow.
Please see the flyer for information about STEM’s Jazz Band.
Academic Games practice will begin next Wednesday, Nov. 15 from 3:00-3:45pm in Ms. Bissonette’s room. All grades are welcome. Please join the google classroom y55o6cc for a calendar and permission slip.
All students MUST be with your family members to attend. Students will not be admitted without an adult family member.
The first chess club practice will be Thursday in Mr. Miller’s room from 3:00-4:00. All grades are welcome 🤓
The STEM team will be conducting student-led conferences rather than the traditional parent-teacher conferences.
The focus of the student-led conference is to allow your child to demonstrate his/her scholastic accomplishments. As a parent/guardian, you can provide encouragement and help your child set goals for the remainder of the year. You will also have the opportunity to display a positive interest in your student’s learning and to accept his/her self-evaluation of accomplishments.
Some of our goals for this conference format are:
- To help parents understand what is taking place in the classroom
- To communicate about student learning
- To accept ownership for learning and behavior
- To enhance organizational and leadership skills
- To build self-esteem through the development of self-confidence.
The conferences are planned to last approximately twenty minutes and multiple conferences may be scheduled at the same time. We will be present for clarification or facilitation as necessary. However, your student will be in charge of conducting the conference with you and it is important to honor the student’s commitment to that role. Should you wish to confer with an individual teacher, we will schedule a follow-up conference.
To schedule your conference day and time, please visit the link:
and sign up for your time slot and room. There are two tabs at the bottom, one for Monday and one for Tuesday.
We look forward to meeting with you.
If you were planning on attending the Robotics Competition in November, there has been a change in location.
Our first competition location has been changed to:
Saturday, November 18, 2017
Detroit Cristo Rey High School
Would you like to have your artistic creation on the front of our yearbook?
Here are the guidelines:
- Your design must be created on an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of paper.
- The design must be in perfect, clean, final form. Pencil drawings need to be outlined in marker. No rubbings, smears, or eraser marks can be seen on the drawing. Downloaded pictures can not have copyright or watermarks visible.
- The design should be in color. No black and white submissions.
- The design must have our school name and school year on it somewhere – STEM 2017-2018 OR STEM Middle School 2017-2018
- The design must be centered around a theme. For example: The theme may be “Pathways to Success”. That saying should be on the cover and the artwork should complete the saying.
- Your first and last name needs to be on the BACK of the design LIGHTLY written in pencil.
The design must be turned in to Ms. Fryzel by Tuesday, November 21st.
Designs NOT chosen may still appear inside the yearbook or as the back cover.
2017 Family Night Activities will take place on Friday, November 10th from 5-7pm.