Archive for January 29, 2020
Hello 8th graders,
The link to complete the HFEC is below. Before you click and begin completing your application take note of the following things:
1. You must be logged in to YOUR school email account, NOT a friends or moms etc.
2. When you click the link, the first page is just information, read it then click the NEXT
3. After you hit NEXT, you will begin the application process, make sure your parents are with you when you complete the application.
4. Recommendation letters from your counselor, science, and math teachers will be completed by them, not the student.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE MARCH 1st.
CLICK THE APPLICATION LINK BELOW
STEM Middle School, Dearborn Magnet High School
The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Detroit Section is pleased to announce it’s twelfth annual Girls’ Engineering Exploration (GEE) Day on Saturday, March 21, 2020. This year’s event will be held at the Michigan Science Center from 9AM – 4PM. The free seminar, with lunch provided, is a part of SWE’s continuous effort to educate young women about the endless career opportunities that the engineering field has to offer.
In order to make this seminar a success we are asking 4th, 5th, and 6th grade teachers throughout Dearborn Public Schools to pass along the information and document included in this email to girls that they believe display interest and enthusiasm in the STEAM subjects. We are striving to reach out and inspire girls that work hard and have the potential to become future engineers. Included in this email is a flyer (GEE Student Flyer 2020) that discusses the activities to be held at the event for the girls. The program is limited to 125 girls, so please encourage students and parents to respond as soon as possible.
Teachers and parents are also invited to attend an informational and interactive session at the same time as the student events. They will be provided with resources and opportunities to further engage their child/student in engineering activities. If teachers and/or parents are interested in attending they can register in the same link provided on the flyer. Lunch is provided and seating is limited.
Registration instructions are included on the flyer. The last date to register for the students, teachers, and parents is Monday, March 2, 2020, but seating is limited so please sign up as soon as possible.
Please pass out the GEE Student Flyer 2020 document to the students you suggest.
For any questions, please contact us as SWEDetroitGEE@gmail.com.
SWE Detroit GEE Committee
On behalf of the DCMST staff, we are sharing the following information:
- Applications for current Dearborn Public School students and out-of-district students are available on our website/blog (March 13, 2020 deadline)
- Applications are open to all students who will successfully complete Algebra 1 by June 2020
- Students will be selected based on standardized test scores (MStep, NWEA, Algebra 1 Sem 1 CA) and GPA
For clarification:The link is located on the banner–click on Potential DCMST Candidates. Here is the link: https://dcmst.dearbornschools.org/potential-dcmst-candidates/