Archive for May 23, 2017
Donations per Advisory are as follows:
Ms. Fryzel and Ms. Laramee will have bagels and juice for the top two classes tomorrow for A2.
This letter applies to incoming 6th graders, as well as our current 6th and 7th graders.
Dear STEM Student,
We are pleased to tell you that we will be using IXL.com for STEM Summer learning. IXL is a comprehensive, adaptive learning program offering unlimited math and language arts practice problems in thousands of skills—all of which are aligned to the Common Core. You can access it from anywhere you have internet, and there is an app for Apple products.
***You are NOT responsible for completing the traditional summer learning for the rest of the district (Moby Max or otherwise) unless you do not go to STEM next year.
Weekly IXL skills (2 math and 2 language arts) will be posted on the STEM blog each Monday beginning on June 26th, and archived on the “Summer IXL” blog page.
You will receive points for completing summer work and it will be included in the first marking period grade.
IXL Information: Be sure to sign in before each visit to IXL. Otherwise, your score will not be recorded. Enter your username and password in the upper right corner and log in.
- IXL is designed to use at your own pace. Take your time!
- When you reach your frustration level, STOP using IXL.
- IXL will save your score and you can continue where you left off at any time.
- IXLs should not be completed in one session. Stop every so often and extend your learning over a short period of time, not just in one sitting.
- You will earn some points when you answer correctly. You will lose many points when you answer questions incorrectly.
- You must READ the feedback it gives you to correct the mistake. If you do not know how to do an IXL, take a guess and then read the feedback.
- The program is adaptive and will adjust based on your understanding of the material.
We look forward to a year of working together to make learning fun!
STEM teachers & Ms. Machonochie