The Executive Directors of Student Achievement are happy to resume the implementation of the Superintendent’s/Executive Directors’ Student Advisory Council (SEDSAC) committees in each of the middle schools. Student’s voice has been the driving force behind both the high school and middle school councils. The district leadership welcomes the diverse student voices that represent Dearborn Schools.
With that being said, STEM Middle School is looking for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students who want to speak up and say something that will maximize school life for ALL students. Students that are interested in making a difference and meet the qualifications, should read and complete the application by September 29, 2023. SEDSAC students meet with the executive director of the feeder track on a monthly basis, discuss topics and projects that help make the school environment welcoming and safe for all students, and often participate in projects and/or trips at the district level.
The qualifications are as follows:
- Excellent attendance
- A 2.5 G.P.A. or higher
- Skills to collaborate with fellow students
- A desire to make a positive change at STEM Middle School
- Effective communication & presentation skills
- A willingness to follow the policies in the District Student Code of Conduct
- Attend monthly meetings during the school day and balance your academics.
Students who are already members must submit an application.
Click Here for the Application