The 8th grade Promotion Ceremony will begin promptly at 11:00 AM on Thursday, June 17th. In order to ensure a safe and enjoyable time for all, please read the following information:
– This is a “formal” ceremony, so students should take this opportunity to dress for the occasion. Ladies should wear dresses or skirts that they can wear again in the future. Prom style dresses are not necessary. Gentlemen do not need to wear a suit and tie, but are welcome to do so. Dress pants with a nice collared shirt is completely acceptable.
– When arriving for the ceremony, the entrance off of Ann Arbor Trail will be closed. All cars must enter through the gate off of Warren.
– Please follow the directions of the TWO security guards that will be out there directing cars to parking spots.
– Due to limited parking, we are limiting cars to ONE car per student.
– 8th grade students should find their assigned seat and be seated no later than 10:50 AM. This means parents should arrive no later than 10:35 am and no earlier than 10:25 am to ensure parking with the direction of security guards.
– The ceremony will be broadcasted through your radio in the car (the exact radio station will be provided for you that day).
– No chairs will be provided for parents/families. If you would like to sit outside in FRONT OF YOUR CAR, please bring your own lawn chairs.
– Just a friendly reminder that ALL outdoor activities including promotion ceremonies must adhere to the Dearborn Public Schools mitigation plan, specifically 6 feet social distancing and masks for students and parents/families are required.
– Please hold all applause and car honks until the end of the ceremony so that all parents can hear their students’ names. Please refer to the provided program for the appropriate time of the “honk out”.
– At the end of the ceremony, there will be an opportunity for parents to take pictures as well as a few other surprises.
The STEM staff and administration would like to ensure that the promotion ceremony runs as smoothly and as fantastically as possible; your support in following the above guidelines is greatly appreciated.