Archive for September, 2017
Learn about animation from a professional animator!
Check out the flyer: STEM Middle School Fall Animation Flyer
Here is a direct link to register and pay for the club:
You will find your school and the details on that page.
The workshop begins October 4.
Ms. Laramee would like to announce the following upcoming events on behalf of Student Council:
Friday, October 6th: wear Michigan or Michigan State shirts.
Friday, October 6th: Color Run, 3:05-3:45
The after-school activities fee has been eliminated this year for all middle schools in the district.
There is NO FEE to participate in any after-school activities this year.
If you have already paid, students will receive a refund.
We will begin collecting for Pennies for Patients today! Bring any extra change to A2 each morning.
If you would like to donate directly to STEM Middle School’s Online Giving page, the link is:
This year A2 teachers will have one box for the classroom.
The A2 with the most money raised will receive a “thank-you” breakfast.
The 2017 Robert Cipriano Memorial (2 mile run) is approaching. This year it will take place on Monday, October 23rd at 4pm. All students at STEM are eligible to run in this event for $3. The event will take place at Ford Field Park, in Dearborn. See Mr. Theisen for more details and for training dates for this event.
Mr. Theisen has permission slips and other information necessary for your child to partake in the festivities.
The first STEM PTA meeting of the year will be Wednesday, Sept. 13 at 6 p.m. in the STEM cafeteria. Our new principal or assistant principal hope to stop in. (It’s also open house night for the DCMST program.)
The agenda will include meeting dates for the year, information about our upcoming spirit wear sale, a request for chair people and more. We plan to keep the meeting to an hour or less.
We hope you can join us then!
There is NO OPEN HOUSE for STEM.
Our PTA decided to have a picnic in August before school began.
Student planners are coming soon! They are in the mail and will be distributed to students as soon as possible.
I will make an announcement when they arrive.
Those students and parents interested in attending the Upper Peninsula trip June 1-3, 2018 need to carefully read the attached material and return to Ms. Fryzel NO LATER than October 10th:
1. A check for $200.00 made out to CORPORATE TRAVEL (NOT Dearborn Schools)
2. The reservation form below (be sure to sign the form)
The trip is first come, first served. Those returning the above items will fill the available seats first, once seats are filled, students and/or parents will be placed on a wait list. We will be taking 35 students and 4 parents.
- Learning Center begins next week on Tuesday, Sept. 19 and runs every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00-4:00. Learning center is an after-school work session that is available for students who need to complete missing work, take retakes, or need to use technology at school. It will be run by all teachers and held in different rooms each time. Students will be assigned into specific rooms that will help them complete their work.
- Learning Center will be assigned by teachers as needed. Parents will be notified via phone call or email if their student has been assigned to LC since parent permission is needed to stay after school. If a certain day is inconvenient for your family, we can schedule them for a different day. If a student would like to stay for learning center they need parent permission ahead of time. We will not allow students to call home at 2:55 to tell you they want to stay that day.
- The teachers will have a spreadsheet of who is assigned to their LC and will be taking attendance at 3:00 pm. Do not go outside after school if you have Learning Center.
Questions? Email teachers as needed once your student has been assigned.
Learning Center is not needed for those students who are keeping up on their work!