Archive for January 29, 2021
Hello 8th graders,
The link to complete Application is below. Before you click and begin completing your application take note these things:
1. You must be logged into YOUR school email account, NOT a friends or moms etc.
2. When you click the link, the first page is just information, read it then click the NEXT
3. After you hit NEXT, you will be in the application process, make sure your parents are with you when you complete the application. (One application per student, per DPS email)
4. Recommendation letters will be sent to your counselor, science, and math teachers to complete and the report cards will be sent by the school. (you, the student, do not need to do anything)
5. All of this takes time and (all emails on the application) will receive an email once your application is complete.
6. 1 application per student and application may not be edited/changed after you click submit.
To help you prepare for the essay question, here they are:
- Why do you want to attend our school?
- What career are you interested in?
- What steps do you plan on taking to fulfill your career goals?
THIS APPLICATION IS DUE MARCH 1st.APPLICATION IS HERE–https://forms.gle/hmAANWwmRBwH68rY9
DCMST is now taking applications for current 8th-grade students that would like to enter our program starting Fall 2021. All current Dearborn Public School 8th graders that are on track to successfully complete Algebra 1 by June 2021 are eligible to apply. Students will be selected for admission based on scores on their Algebra 1 common assessment, GPA, and any available standardized test scores.
Please apply at the following link ONLY if you are currently attending a Dearborn Public Middle School.
The application deadline is 11:59 pm, Friday, March 12, 2021.
If more students apply that fulfill our minimum qualifications than we have space for, then all names will be entered into a lottery for final selection. The final list of students will receive acceptance letters in April of 2021. Students that are accepted will be required to attend an Orientation in May.
There will be an informational meeting for parents of eligible students on February 10th, 2021 at 7 PM via Zoom (link will be available soon). If you are not able to attend this meeting, the informational slides, as well as our brochure, are available on the website.
Current 8th Grade Algebra 1 students will have the opportunity to attend an open Question and Answer session via Zoom on Thursday, February 16th during their Learning Lab time at 2 p.m. Link will be posted soon.
Easy Ways To Support Our PTA
We encourage each and every one of you to become a part of the PTA team! You can support the STEM PTA by many easy ways:
· Amazon Smile: Our PTA will receive 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases when you shop at smile.amazon.com/ch/47-1773653 to generate donations for Michigan Congress of Parents Teachers and Students, this link is for the benefit of our PTA directly
· Kroger Community Rewards: Sign up with your plus card and search for Stem Middle School. Our PTA will earn rewards every time you shop and use your Kroger card.
· Becoming a PTA member: You can email or mail the membership form.
· Volunteering: share your talents with our school. By getting involved, you’ll be part of the solution, helping to make positive change.
· Donating: Provide resources and time
We have an amazing community of students, parents, teachers and staff. Contributing to the STEM PTA only enhances and strengthens this relationship. Thank you for helping to make every student’s potential a reality.
For any questions feel free to email email@example.com or call
Ayda El-Saghir @ (313)603-2022 &Amy Fradkin @ (313)598-3553